I've been debating posting this, since I forgot to take photos while I was making it earlier this week. However, I've come to the conclusion that it's so gosh-darned delicious that I have to share.
Here's how to make your very own Super Delicious Portabello Mushroom Sorta Fajitas!
You will need:
- sliced portabello mushrooms - I buy the presliced package from the grocery store & slice them thinner, but you could also just slice up 2-4 full portabellos
- 1 medium onion, sliced - I prefer sweet onions, but it doesn't really matter
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small sweet green pepper, cut into strips
- Any other delicious vegetables you may want to throw in - I sometimes add celery, carrots or broccoli too
- oil or butter for frying (I usually use canola oil)
- at least 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- same amount of chili powder
- 1 heaping tsp cornstarch
- about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- tortillas to wrap the mushroom mixture in
- assorted fajita toppings (sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, etc)
After the onion has started to soften, add your mushrooms and other vegetables.
When the veggies are cooked about 3/4 of the way done, add your cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper. Mix the cornstarch with the water and then add it to the pan & stir thoroughly. This will form your sauce.
Once the liquid has boiled down to your desired thickness, and the vegetables are cooked through, take the pan off the heat, heap the mushroom mixture into your tortilla wraps, top with your choice of condiments and enjoy!